All positions require:
- All jobs are for full-time positions in Maple, Ontario, Canada but are available to work remotely from anywhere in Canada (for either contract or full-time positions) or anywhere in the world on contract basis. In short, you can work from home if you want.
- Must be a gamer, playing games on a regular basis. If you work in the game dev field but don’t regularly play games yourself, Tasharen is probably not for you.
- Must be able to manage your own time and set your own hours. Tasharen is not 9 to 5. It’s whatever you set it to be. Midnight to 4 AM, then a few more hours after breakfast? Go for it! As long as the work gets done and there is solid progress, you are free to manage your own time as you see fit.
- Willingness to put on multiple hats during the game’s development: game design, story creation, playing with early access players, etc.
- Please mention your salary expectations along with your submission.
- All submissions must be done via email to jobs [at] tasharen.com.
Senior Game Developer
- 5+ years game development experience.
- 3+ years C# experience.
- 3+ years experience working with the Unity game engine.
- Strong emphasis on optimizing code as well as keeping it clean and readable.
- Big plus: Procedural content generation experience, ideally on a planetary scale. Ability to create code that makes it possible to go from the orbit of the planet all the way down to the surface and have the content populate around the player.
- Big plus: Experience with TNet and NGUI.
- Plus: Experience writing shaders for Unity.
- Ideal candidate will also have extensive experience with multi-threaded programming in Unity as well as making multiplayer games.
- 2+ years experience working with the Unity game engine.
- Must be able to handle all stages of art creation: 3D modeling, texturing, basic rigging and simple animation.
- Must have a solid understanding of how to create art optimized for games. This means efficient texture usage and low poly models.
- Familiarity with creating shaders in Unity is a bonus, but not a requirement.
- To submit your application for this position submit your portfolio via email to jobs [at] tasharen.com.