Author Topic: HUD Text in the Asset Store  (Read 16285 times)

catacomber

HUD Text in the Asset Store
« on: July 12, 2012, 07:26:11 PM »
Thank you so much for this! Just in case no one saw it yet in the Asset Store---the minute I saw it, I checked my paypal balance.  :  )

I'll probably have questions, because I always do.

But once more, thank you!!! 

I now routinely check NGUI in search bar in the Asset Store to see if there's anything new.  :  )

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 1171
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: HUD Text in the Asset Store
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 07:31:43 PM »
I have quite a few things like this... dynamic stylized game minimap for example...

But when it comes to preparing a package for the asset store I have to create tutorials, documentation, screenshots, icons, and later -- support them, which result in me just focusing on other tasks... :X

catacomber

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 07:44:16 PM »
Waiting for minimap. :  )  Some people have stores on their website and also on asset store. Whatever you do, I am following.  :  )  Thank you again!!!

F.e., Mr. Necturus. Mostly I buy from asset store but sometimes from his website. I try to support useful things in any way I can.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:48:01 PM by catacomber »

catacomber

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 10:05:46 PM »
I need a little help here when I have NGUI and Hud Text both imported into my project--it's a test project. I posted in the Hud Text thread and don't want to duplicate my post.  :  ) 

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 10:07:02 PM »
Oh you just reminded me what I was doing on Friday... making a video about it... hang on.

catacomber

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »
Hanging by my last cat hair. Thank you for the solution---will delete that.  :  )

catacomber

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »
It's useful especially for NPC's if they're walking around.  :  )

catacomber

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 10:24:39 PM »
Just reopened project and new errors:

Assets/HUD Text/NGUI/Scripts/Editor/UIWidgetInspector.cs(16,19): error CS0433: The imported type `UIWidget' is defined multiple times
Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Editor/BMFontReader.cs(47,34): error CS0433: The imported type `BMFont' is defined multiple times

I'm sure this is easy to fix---just don't know how. I'm really happy to have this though and will patiently await the advice. Only reason I'm posting here is so that you'll see it.  :  )  If you will recheck that thread under HUD Text up top, I'll just put any comments there.

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »
I assume you're putting NGUI into the HUDText's project? You need to follow the same instructions as for upgrading NGUI:

1. Start a new scene.
2. Delete the NGUI folder.
3. Import NGUI from the updated package.

catacomber

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 10:36:43 PM »
I still get those two console errors. I deleted NGUI. Created a new scene. I have Hud Text in the project already. Reimported updated NGUI and still same.

I could try it with a new project. Just let me know.

PS. Never updated NGUI before--have only had it for a week. :  )  Thanks for letting me know how to do that.

catacomber

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 10:50:32 PM »
I created a new project and imported Hud Text and updated NGUI and still get those two errors. Just letting you know. :  ) Am the essence of patience and value your work. When I look at some of the complete projects in Unity and their GUItextures stuff, I think how simple it would be to do that with NGUI and I'm quite content to wait for your solutions.  :  ) 

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 11:11:49 PM »
I just put up an update on the Asset Store. There were 3 discrepancies with the upgrade. LookAtTarget script (fixed by making its GUID match NGUI's), Orc prefab's GUID matching NGUI (which it shouldn't have been), and orc armor material's GUID matching NGUI (also shouldn't have been). I fixed the first two issues, and left the last one in there on purpose. Now when the upgrade is successful, the orc's armor will turn white instead of its original red (just to make it obvious that you've changed something by upgrading).

That said, the upgrade process works fine. If you grab the update and it still happens for you, then you are not deleting the DLL that comes with the distribution version of NGUI (packaged with the HUD Text). Make sure you are deleting the NGUI folder from a new scene. Nothing should remain. After you delete it, you should see 3 errors show up in the console log that will remain there until you import NGUI again from another package (full one).

catacomber

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 11:30:12 PM »
I grabbed the update and created a new project with both HUD text and NGUI in it and deleted the NGUI dll from Hud Text file and now all I get is this:

Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Tweening/TweenFOV.cs(14,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UITweener' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Does it make sense?

catacomber

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 12:35:07 AM »
I'm trying a few different ways to get this to work but it's late and I'm really tired. If I make a new project and add just the Hud text and delete the NGUI dll from it and then import my full NGUI, it seems to repopulate the NGUI folder in the HUD text as well as adding the NGUI folder that should be there.  But again it's late and am folding......

catacomber

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 02:35:47 AM »
Not willing to be defeated by the Error Monster, I tried one more time. Made a new project with the Standard Assets. Saved the scene and project. Imported the Hud Text. Saved a new scene---not save as--just save--that was my problem maybe----deleted the NGUI folder from HUD text project. Imported NGUI.

My only error now is that stupid Third Person Controller script error that Unity let slip through.  :  ) 

Everything else is fine.  Thanks!