Author Topic: team play  (Read 1724 times)

Addera

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
team play
« on: August 12, 2014, 11:53:14 AM »
I was playing a cooperative game with a friend. They would control one end of the empire while I would control the other. One problem was as soon as one end accumulated to many troops the other would stall. We were also arguing about who had rights over what.

A possible feature to to think about would be alliances or teams. Players with different empires but on the same team working together. A few thoughts on the idea...
you can see what your ally sees but can't control any of their stars
you can use "cards" (or whatever the perk things are called) on your ally to assist them.
sending troops to an allying star will convert the troops to that ally's troops
some way of giving a star to an ally, perhaps posting and holding a star will give the option to select an ally to give it to.
This feature would also allow you to play with a friendly AI. One problem being that you might be cut off by your half retarded team mate
[/list]

Perhaps the maps aren't big enough to bother with this feature though. But bigger maps is a whole different topic...

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 277
  • -Receive: 1133
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: team play
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:15:16 AM »
Yup, I've considered adding that actually. This particular feature was cut because of time constraints. I'll revisit Starlink again after Windward.