Author Topic: Questions about AI and some game mechanics  (Read 2094 times)

leandrocm86

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Questions about AI and some game mechanics
« on: November 10, 2014, 07:46:41 PM »
Hello. I've installed starlink for Android and I'm enjoying the game very much. However, some important things are still unclear to me and it would be nice if someone could explain them:

About the AI: What exactly is the difference between AI levels? Is it just about the decision making or is there some sort of bonus involved? Also, how are the special abilities (propaganda, patriotism etc.) chosen for and used by the AI?

About game mechanics: How exactly happens the conversion of a star? I must have some ships on them, sure, but how many is it needed and how the quantity of ships can affect the time needed to take control of a star?
I also didn't understand a statement on the tips topic suggesting that we should not have more than 25 ships on a star. I do that everytime  ;D. What kind of advantage am I loosing with that? Sometimes it seems important to concentrate a strong force on the front stars so as to be able to launch attacks on well protected enemies.

Sorry for making so many questions, but as I didn't find answers for them, I think this might be useful for other readers as well.

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 300
  • -Receive: 1136
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about AI and some game mechanics
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 10:26:30 PM »
AI levels control the benefit/penalty they get to combat, as well as whether they can use abilities or not.

The more ships you have around a star, the greater your casualties when the enemy attacks. Think of it as a crowded room. If you toss a grenade in there, more people will be hurt than if the room only had 2 people there. The more ships you have, the more ships die when the enemy attacks. Furthermore, 25 ship advantage gives you the maximum possible capture speed. Beyond this value ships are just taking up space.