Author Topic: NGUI Licenses and NGUI HUD Expansion  (Read 865 times)

The-Arrival

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
NGUI Licenses and NGUI HUD Expansion
« on: November 14, 2014, 12:35:30 PM »
Hello Community,

I'm working on a game together with two other persons (so we are three), two of us are actually coding in Unity, the other one is making Assets for the game. I started with the free Version of NGUI and I'm looking forward to buy the standart Version (and maybe the HUD-Expansion if needed).

The problem is, that this is a hobby-spare-time project and my other programmer is short in money so he can't afford it at the moment. So is it possible to work on the same project, if i buy NGUI and do all the NGUI related coding, can he still work on other parts of the same project without having the standart version? What are the actual restrictions, if one person has the standart version and the other one hasn't?

The other question is: I'm planing to have UI-Elements bound to in-game 3D Objects, when clicked (like a build menu, when you click on a build spot for example). As far as i understood it this is only possible with the HUD-Expansion, right? Or can it be done with the standart version too?

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 1171
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: NGUI Licenses and NGUI HUD Expansion
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 04:24:14 PM »
From my point of view -- yes, you can. Asset Store's agreement may differ.

NGUI's anchoring system can let you anchor things to a 3D object if you like. HUDText just makes it easier with an explicit script. HUDText adds functionality for showing damage, text, etc above the character's head, which is the main purpose of the add-on.