Author Topic: UI layer vs NGUI layer  (Read 1468 times)

Bradamante3D

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
UI layer vs NGUI layer
« on: March 18, 2015, 02:05:27 PM »
Hi,

for a side project I just created a new 2D GUI with NGUI 3.8.0 (Unity v5.0).

Now, I used the toolbar to create a new 2D GUI. It is automatically played on the "UI" layer. The drag&drop ready-made example Prefabs from the Wooden Atlas however are on the "NGUI" layer (layer 8).

Whenever I drop a premade Prefab into the scene, NGUI complains about the layer difference and puts them on the UI layer - as expected.

But ... Is this the desired behavior? Every time you use the prefabs you get a complaint?

EDIT:

Oh ... Some strange behavior (bugs?).

(1)
Can't locate FreeType64.dylib. FreeType.dylib is there, but it isn't accepted by the FontMaker.

(2)
Dragging the "Control - Simple Button" into the scene, creates a "NGUI Snapshot Point 36" empty GameObject under the label in the Hierarchy. What's that?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:11:19 PM by Bradamante3D »
#301224014, #301432336, #302399130

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 1171
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: UI layer vs NGUI layer
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 06:33:26 AM »
There is no FreeType64 dylib bundled with NGUI. Someone would need to compile it (or find it on the internet). It's an external library.

NGUI Snapshot Point is a part of that prefab, it's just one of the ways of positioning a snapshot. It won't work in Unity 5 because render textures don't seem to work at edit time anymore due to something Unity broke. This will work fine in Unity 4.5.

Now in regards to your question, simply change the layer of the prefab to be using the UI layer, or change your UIRoot to use the NGUI layer.