Author Topic: Issues with updating to 3.9.1 and importing HUDText  (Read 1444 times)

The-Arrival

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Issues with updating to 3.9.1 and importing HUDText
« on: August 03, 2015, 07:23:15 PM »
Hello,

i run Unity 5.1.1f1
i recently tired to update my 3.8.2 NGUI Version to the latest 3.9.1 and also import HUDTExt 1.13 to an existing project.

I did as i should, new scene, delete NGUI Folder, import NGUI. No errors so far, but when i start the game i get weird mouse behavior. When i scroll the screen and have the cursor offset from the middle of the screen, it flickers and tend to jump to the middle while scrolling. This happens exactly when i do the upgrade. With the old version it's fine.

Also when i import HUDText (after having NGUI imported) i get the following compiler error:

Assets/NGUI/Examples/Scripts/Other/PlayIdleAnimations.cs(12,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `PlayIdleAnimations'

This happens, if i import HUDText to NGUI 3.8.2 or 3.9.1

devomage

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 67
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with updating to 3.9.1 and importing HUDText
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 09:11:15 PM »
try deleting the HUDText examples to fix the error.

the mouse thing is a larger issue; that might just get fixed if enough people complain about it :)

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 1171
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 08:54:23 AM »
PlayIdleAnimations script comes with NGUI. Ensure you only have one script and you won't get that error.

The "weird" mouse behaviour simply means you have a joystick plugged in that's stuck in a non-zero position. Since you have controller input enabled, it's actively switching your control scheme to controller, which hides the mouse.

@devomage: Pro version of NGUI had an option to not hide the mouse for quite some time now...

The-Arrival

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 07:31:27 PM »
Hey again.

i updated to the new version (3.9.2) to check again for that mouse issue. It´s still there.

I also have no controller plugged in and i deactivated my controller drivers to make sure that nothing is bugging around here. I also check my input settings. There is one option in my MouseX/Y settings, which confuses me. JoyNum is "Get motion from all Joysticks" by default and never caused me problems with the older versions. On Change i only get the options to set it to a specific joystick, can´t say "no Joystick".

Where and how do i have setup the controlls behavior to resolve the issue?

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 1171
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 04:47:11 PM »
Select the UICamera script in your scene and uncheck the "Auto Hide Cursor" toggle.

The-Arrival

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 04:03:25 AM »
Works... thank you very much