Author Topic: Atlas Feature Suggestion  (Read 1530 times)

rav3n256

Atlas Feature Suggestion
« on: August 14, 2012, 02:09:12 AM »
So, I've been working with NGUI for a little while now and I seem to always end up in the same problem as I have with 2D Toolkit.  Both interfaces in NGUI and 2D Toolkit for creating atlas are really nice, but both have the same issue of not allowing the user to cycle through each sprite in the atlas.  Before you immediately jump to conclusions, allow me to elaborate.  My suggestion is the ability to select an atlas, and simply press UP/DOWN to cycle each of the sprites in the atlas.  I already know that the inspector for an atlas allows me to select a specific sprite of a given name.  If it was a large scale project with lots of assets, just remembering a name or even a detailed file name wouldn't help find the sprite you're looking for.  Another situation I came across that would benefit this feature would be during refactoring or reorganization of the art assets.  I don't really expect this feature to be implemented as it kind of fills a small void I have with these types of libraries (ie 2D Toolkit and EZGUI), but I just want to put it out there if it's worthwhile at all.

Cheers