Author Topic: Labels are invisible on Mac Standalone  (Read 2248 times)

zippo227

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Labels are invisible on Mac Standalone
« on: August 21, 2013, 10:30:55 AM »
I have been building a log in scene with NGUI 2.6.3 and testing it mostly on my Windows machine, with infrequent testing on Mac. When I run the scene in my Mac Unity editor (I'm on Unity 4.2), it appears to be working correctly. I can see the labels just fine. However, when I build the game to standalone, the labels are no longer visible, but I can still see the main header label.

I did some testing where I put an arbitrary string in the (standalone-invisible) label, it was visible then on both Editor and Standalone. So, that let me know that it didn't have anything to do with the resolution of the window. But, when I try to fill them in on my own in script, they aren't visible in the standalone. Am I missing anything, or the dll doesn't work for Mac or something?

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 1171
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Labels are invisible on Mac Standalone
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:48:47 AM »
First of all, update to the latest version of NGUI. I can only support the latest version due to bug fixes.

Second, I'm guessing your labels use a different atlas than your widgets, so consult the FAQ. There are two sticky posts on this issue.

zippo227

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 01:07:47 AM »
I upgraded to 2.64 and am using the same atlas. I guess it must be some very odd bug with my program instead of NGUI.

djarcas

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
Interesting, I'm having exactly this issue on the PC version. If I run the game in the Unity editor, it's fine. If I make a standalone build, the GUI disappears. I'm at a loss as how to proceed, as there's no error messages or similar in the log :/

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 1171
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »
Which version of NGUI?

djarcas

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
This turned out to be the camera deciding to be Deferred Rendered, not Forward; this is a known issue in Unity, it seems!