Based in Toronto, Ontario
Early Access: October 10, 2014
Windward is an action-filled sandbox game that puts you in control of a ship sailing the high seas of a large procedurally-generated world.
Windward started as an arena-based action game that was prototyped in 2012, only to be put on hold in October of that year. It was restarted (almost) completely from scratch on August of 2014, going into Early Access in October as an action-filled naval sandbox game set in a large procedurally generated world. With nearly daily updates since then the game has progressed quite well with the help of the community's feedback.
- Large procedurally generated worlds for a unique experience every new campaign.
- Play with your friends via full cross-platform multiplayer! Bring your ship into your friends' worlds, or have them join yours.
- Play as much or as little as you like. The game saves your progress on the spot -- no need to save manually.
- Play it how you want: relax and immerse yourself doing trading and questing, or venture forth into pirate-infested lands for some high-adrenaline naval combat.
- Unlock new ships, find upgrades, recruit allies, fund new towns, build coastal defenses, even bribe pirates to join your cause!
- Extensive talent tree with role-specific specializations.
- Customize your ship to make it look how you want. Pink hull with black sails? Sure, why not!
- Procedural itemization system where higher difficulty automatically means better rewards.
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Full list of patch notes since the game's release on Early Access. docs.google.com.
About Tasharen Entertainment
Tasharen Entertainment is a small independent company based in of Toronto, Ontario. Tasharen is most famous for its UI plugin -- NGUI -- a tool that was originally created to aid the development of Windward.
More information on Tasharen Entertainment, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Design / Programming / UI
3D Artist, Freelancer