Author Topic: Issue about working Tnet  (Read 1712 times)

ufaforwork2

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Issue about working Tnet
« on: July 20, 2017, 12:05:50 PM »
Hello everyone ! My name's Thierry.
I'm working on online game using TNet 3.0.2 and I have a problem with list of channels.
Before player enterst the channel, I need a table with list of channels, which works great, it shows channel ID, number of players, it says if room has password, but i would like to specify some other things like channel name and channel admin name. So I used channel data, but I cannot view data before I enter the channel. I don't want to enter and leave 100 channels just to read a channel name. Is there any simplier way?

Thanks.

MOD EDIT: malicious link removed. Do not click on links in this user's signature (I can't edit signatures or ban users).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:15:08 PM by cmifwdll »

cmifwdll

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 149
  • TNet Alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Issue about working Tnet
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 03:07:39 PM »
I assume you're using TNManager.GetChannelList to get your list of channels, right? This does give you access to each channel's data, too.
Channel.Info.data is what you're after. It's a DataNode so you'd use something like data.GetChild<string>("channelName", "") to access it instead of TNManager's functions.

Of course, you'd need to use TNManager.SetChannelData("channelName", "whatever value") on the channel's host to actually have the data in there.