Author Topic: NGUI Developer needed for complex form  (Read 2954 times)

Bill_C3

NGUI Developer needed for complex form
« on: February 07, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »
Hello,

We have a rather complex form that is a part of our simulation game play used for training. It is currently developed in Flash and we use Scaleform to run it in the Unity environment. Sadly, we are experiencing many challenges with this arrangement. I am considering abandoning Flash/Scaleform to go in another direction such as NGUI, but I'm not sure whether NGUI can handle a complicated form (eg. multiple input text fields, areas, check boxes, 2-sided, etc). Graphically, it must resemble the real world form from which it is modeled. This means "artistic" type of control must be made to font sizes, text box sizes, graphic element placement, etc.

The form data is loaded from and saved to a db as the fields are updated by the user. We will handle the scripting to load/save from/to the db.

We do not have the in-house expertise to switch gears and rapidly develop in NGUI. If you are interested, please email me to discuss further. I can provide a working stand-alone Flash SWF of the form to demonstrate what is needed.

There are 2 primary questions to this job: 1) is NGUI a reasonable solution for a complex form in Unity? and 2) how much and how long to deliver (I don't expect this answer on initial contact, only after reviewing the requirements)?

Cheers,
Bill Godfrey

Bill_C3

Re: NGUI Developer needed for complex form
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 01:41:41 PM »
We have identified a developer for this work effort. Thank you to all those who responded.

Cheers,
Bill