Author Topic: UiButtonPopupList Multitap issues  (Read 1489 times)

fl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
UiButtonPopupList Multitap issues
« on: May 20, 2014, 01:56:37 PM »
Hello,

I've been attempting to create a list of buttons where each individual button contains a UiButtonPopupList component.  Everything works fine until I tap on two of these buttons simultaneously.  What happens is that one of the popup becomes stuck and no longer becomes responsive. The other still works perfectly fine but the other one no longer responds to any taps.  Looking at the class, I see that the OnClick callback creates the popup. I guess that's why multiple popups can be creates if multiple touch happen simultaneously.  However, I'm not sure why one of the popup becomes responsive.

Thanks.

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 1171
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: UiButtonPopupList Multitap issues
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 02:38:40 PM »
No longer responds to taps? Is it as hard to reproduce as it seems? I just tried the following:

1. New scene.
2. Dragged in two drop-down list controls.
3. Attached UIKeyBinding to both, set KeyCode to 'A'.
4. Hit Play, hit 'A', both open at the same time and are interactable with the mouse.

The only downside is that they don't close when you click on an item -- which is to be expected as neither of them has selection and the popup closes on selection. I have to click on the original button (or hit 'A' again) to close them.

fl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 11:57:55 AM »
So I am still getting unresponsive button clicks even with the basic case. In some cases, one of the popup list item is clickable, but then the other pop up list does not respond to any click unless I click the button that activates the popup list.  I tried setting up something simpler than my initial setup with no luck.  This is my simpler case:

uiRoot game object
--> uiPanel
-----> Anchor top center
---------> UiButtonPopupList

I added three labels to each of the uiButtonPopupList and they simply call a debug log.
I also added the uiKeybinding as you suggested and ran the scene. All three of the popups showed up but none of them were clickable. You are correct in that I can close them but tapping on the button that created the buttonPopupList.

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 1171
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 06:03:16 AM »
What version of NGUI are you using? Why is there an anchor present?