Author Topic: v2.2 Atlas Editor Problem  (Read 9249 times)

joreldraw

v2.2 Atlas Editor Problem
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:35:52 AM »
I update to 2.2 and when i try to edit any sprite of my Atlas i recieve this message:

ImportSettings 'Assets/Atlas/PVMI.png' has been modified but AssetDatabase.ImportAsset has not been called. Please fix the scripts code or Import the asset manually.

How to fix?

PhilipC

Re: v2.2 Atlas Editor Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 10:44:31 AM »
I would try saving the scene between modifications. Otherwise Unity will start to do wonky things.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:48:18 AM by PhilipC »

joreldraw

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 01:27:06 AM »
I save before update, make new scene, update Ngui, reopen my scene and save again.

All controls on Atlas editor are blocked, i change any value of the sprite how dimensions, border or padding and return to her last value.

Godgib

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 02:49:39 AM »
I am seeing the same problem.  Added a new sprite.  Cannot set any border values.

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 1171
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 05:32:52 AM »
Weird... I wonder when I managed to break that! Here is a fix.

Godgib

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 05:39:38 AM »
Thanks dude!

Dark Acre Jack

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Cyberdrunk
    • View Profile
    • Dark Acre Games
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 01:29:19 PM »
Thanks for so quickly addressing this issue!

I've overwritten the UIAtlasInspector.cs with the hotfix and while it works when adding a new widget, it's no longer "live-updating", i.e. if I assign the borders, make the widget, then go back into the atlas and edit the borders nothing happens to the already created widget. It was live-updating in 2.1.6, and this was a great feature.

Tom G

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 06:28:50 PM »
I also had to add "mSprite.outer = outer;" after line 283 of the modified version of UIAtlasInspector.cs, to get the Dimensions fields to work as well as the Border ones.

quitebuttery

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 11:06:23 PM »
I haven't used the atlas editor in a few versions--did something radically change?  Not only can I not edit the borders, but I can't see the sprites in the inspector like I used to.  You used to be able to pick the sprite and it would show it to you in the inspector where you can edit the borders/corners etc.

Basically it seems like the entire atlas system is broken--I add sprites to an atlas via the Atlas Maker, but they don't show up as selectable.  The whole thing is borked.

Anyone got an older version of NGUI?  I need to revert.  At least this latest version is totally unusable.

quitebuttery

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 11:07:38 PM »
Oh wait I see the preview now, it's using the asset preview window--had to enlarge it.

quitebuttery

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 11:09:12 PM »
However, all new sprites I add via the AtlasMaker to not show up in the dropdown when I try to switch the sprite on an UI widget.

quitebuttery

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 11:29:45 PM »
Another weird thing is if I delete a sprite I'm not using, I end up getting a pink ghost version of the interface underneath the current one.  So for instance, I moved some buttons down, and then deleted an unused sprite from the atlas.  I ended up with pink boxes in the old positions of the interface, as well as behind the letters in the font.  When I run the scene and then go back to the editor, they don't show up in the editor but the pink boxes come back when I run the scene.

quitebuttery

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 11:30:50 PM »
In fact, I can delete the interface widget from the scene and a pink box still draws where that widget was.

quitebuttery

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 11:38:28 PM »
And now this ghost pink interface shows up in every scene.

quitebuttery

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »
And to conclude my conversation with myself--if I close and restart Unity this ghost interface disappears.  But it's pretty annoying.

Oh and now I realize there's a new sprite selector interface.  I still like the old drop down method much better.