Author Topic: I2 Localization now supports NGUI!!!  (Read 39648 times)

fpuig

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
    • View Profile
I2 Localization now supports NGUI!!!
« on: February 27, 2014, 05:52:25 AM »
Hi,

After 3 weeks in the Store queue the I2 Localization for NGUI plugin is finally on the Asset Store!

It introduces custom editors to the NGUI Localization components.

Here is a short trailer showing how it works!
Here is the Asset Store Link

It also links the NGUI localization files with Google Spreadsheets and provides several batch tools to parse all scenes to find Missing or Unused Keys.

Also provides Auto translation of keys using the google translation service and allows editing keys, languages and description directly inside Unity, etc.

While the plugin was pending review in the store I continue updating it and adding features to easy the localization process.

Release notes for the current version (1.0.2) up to the latest alpha (2.0.0 a1) can be found at:
http://www.inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localization

The new changes allow localizing not only Labels, Sprites, and UITextures, but also Sounds, Fonts, Prefabs, Atlasses. Also DF-GUI is now supported and uGUI as of the latest Unity Beta 4.6.0b3

The latest version includes support for localizing several elements in each target (Labels localize the text and the Font according to the language, Sprites modify the SpriteName and the Atlas, etc)

Also tons of other features got in the latest version like Categorizing Keys for easy browsing, Compile-Time-Checking for terms used in the scripts among others.

If you have any suggestion on how to improve the plugin or need help setting it up, don't hesitate in joining the Inter-Illusion forum

Thanks a lot for all the support and suggestions of everyone that joined the beta! It helped a lot!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 02:24:06 PM by fpuig »

ArenMook

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 1171
  • Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: I2 Localization for NGUI
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 05:15:59 PM »
Very nice, and keeps getting better!

fpuig

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 06:02:11 AM »
Hi Guys,

I’m glad to announce that I2 Localization 2.0.0 was sent to the AssetStore.

The new version provides support for automatic fixing of Arabic and other Right-To-Left languages with corrected Tashkeel and Hindu numbers.

Also the languages can be regionalized by default and the automatic translation was updated to account for it (e.g. US English vs British English). In general the I2 Localization provide default values for over 170 languages and variations.

Also more uGui components where added as well as localization for the new Sprites and Images. The AudioClip support was tweaked to continue playing sounds when the language changes and a few other fixes.

More details can be found on the release notes

BTW, remember that all those who purchased the I2 Localization can contact me to get access to the download section and be able of downloading the latest version without waiting for it to be available in the AssetStore.

Thanks
  Frank
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:36:48 PM by fpuig »

fpuig

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:28:36 PM »
Hi Guy,

Just wanted to let you know that the I2 Localization is temporally on Sale!

And also that version 2.0.1 was sent to the AssetStore. However, those who purchased the plugin can download it from the release section on the I2 community!

Thanks
  Frank

sandolkakos

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 01:59:33 PM »
Just wanted to let you know that the I2 Localization is temporally on Sale!
Hi Frank, the Sale in AssetStore already has been ended?

fpuig

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 03:46:01 PM »
Hi

The sale is still in effect until the next version (2.0.2) gets approved in the store.

Also, check this video/tutorial describing how to localize a Project containing Labels/Sounds/Textures. It shows how to interact with the Unity Standard components, but the same procedure works for NGUI, DF-GUI and uGUI.

Quick Start Video Tutorial

Let me know if you have any questions or join the inter inter-illusion forum for better support.
Thanks,
  Frank

wallabie

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 05:55:03 AM »
Cool package.  Very nice work.

Btw, how to sign up to get access to  Unity Beta 4.6.0b3

fpuig

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 11:10:30 PM »
Thanks a lot!

About the beta. My company applied for the beta a few months ago when it started and was granted access that way. That's how I has been able to make the I2 Localization compatible with uGUI components!

wallabie

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 05:59:25 AM »
Forgot to ask.

Is the new uGui the same as NGUI?  or rather what is similar and what is different.
Migrating to the new uGui from NGUI, is it having to redo everything?

Cheers.

fpuig

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 11:42:34 PM »
Hi wallabie,

Because of the Unity Beta agreement I can't say too much about uGUI.

Nonetheless, as you can see in the Unite video, uGUI started very similar to NGUI and even though it has split apart quite a bit from the NGUI path it should be relatively easy to switch to uGUI if you need to do it.

So up to this time, you are safe developing with NGUI! And maybe you wont need to switch at all depending on your project.
Ultimately both systems are great!

uGUI is amazing but NGUI releases so much features in a weekly bases that its hard the decision of whatever to switch or not.

But for those thinking on porting to uGUI later on, I advice you to do the localization with the I2 Localization plugin. That way the localization will work without any adjustment.  (shameless advertisement!!! :-) )

BTW, the new version (2.0.2) of I2 Localization is available on the private community. So everyone that is using the plugin can get it from there!

Thanks a lot for all the feedbacks and emails I have got. I will be posting about the new improvements I'm working for the plugin! And if any one have a suggestion or question don't hesitate to join the inter illusion forum or email me.

wallabie

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 07:46:24 AM »
Cool, I'll check out your plugin.

Also, my the main reason I'm asking about uGUI is that the old Unity GUI was very much data driven whereas NGUI is more graphic based.  Wondering is uGUI will be more a mix between the old Data driven architecture and NGUI graphic approach. 

fpuig

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
Hi guys!

I'm glad to announce that version 2.0.3 b1 is available for download at the i2 community!

If you bought the plugin and don't have access to the community, send me an email and I will add you!

wallabie

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 08:46:38 AM »
Just got your plugin.

not using DF in the current project.

Imported into my project and getting mainly errors in the LocalizeDFGUI.cs file that's using DF :

Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Targets/LocalizeDFGUI.cs(13,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `dfButton' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Edit:  Found the answer in the readme file.  Had to set the project settings.  But still getting errors:

Assets/I2/Localization/Editor/Tools_NGUI_to_I2.cs(68,25): error CS0719: Array elements cannot be of static type `Localization'

Assets/I2/Localization/Editor/Tools_NGUI_to_I2.cs(72,54): error CS0723: `NGUILocalization': cannot declare variables of static types

Btw, when I first imported the project, I get this error:

Assets/I2/Localization/Examples/Common/Scripts/Button.cs(4,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `Button'

had to rename this file to I2Button.  Perhaps it would be good to prefix your files with I2 so that chances of naming conflicts will be lessened.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:07:48 AM by wallabie »

fpuig

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »
Hi wallabie,

Thanks for noticing that the Button class was not inside the I2 namespace. I tried to add all classes inside the I2.Loc namespace.

Regarding the NGUI static Localization class. Thats a change in the last NGUI version.
There is a temporal workaround here:
http://www.inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localization/45-problems-with-update-to-latest-version

But I'm also releasing today a hotfix. You download it from the I2 private community.

Thanks a lot,
  Frank

fpuig

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 02:28:50 PM »
Hi Guys,

The I2 Localization plugin is now on the 24h Sale at 50% OFF!

If you thought on boosting your localization this is the best moment ever!
Enjoy the deal!

BTW, Do you remember the old Trailer:
         https://youtu.be/h27T3WFTOFE

There are so many new features that I'm thinking on making a new one just for whats new :-)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:51:06 PM by fpuig »