I upgraded to TNet3 and now working on a new prototype.
Looks better and more stable in comparison to version 2.
I could manage to: host a main server (TNServerInstance), make a lobby myself and many other things.
Here is how it works:
- Dedicated server is created. Working good (different EXE file). I have a user, who is ADMIN, who runs inside dedicated server.
- Clients can connect to it. After connecting, I made a custom login process and saving player data. All good.
- The server them returns good or bad player login
- If it is good, join lobby ID 1 (my lobby), bad, just disconnect
- Create a new room (channel), ok
Here is where the problem starts.
- I do this with a new client (new player) or any other new players
- Player connects to the room
- Everyone receives the ChannelData update good (if there are more players)
- But when I try to send a simple chat message, noone receives (using Target.All or Target.Others)
- Even myself (the one who sent the message), do not receive the message (a simple string message)
- If I send a global message from server to all (I mean the server user, the Admin), it works (Target.Broadcast)
- Also, my channels ID usually has big numbers (2435643)... is this normal?
Facts: the players are in the same channelId. Even my own player does not receive the message using Target.All
I had this exact same problem in TNet 2, discovered (at least I suppose) that when I am creating a new channel with "TNManager.CreateChannel", I cannot pass first parameter (levelName) to null, or messages stops going from each other.... I need to pass always a new level scene (this in TNet2). I am suspecting that this same problem is happening, but this time I cannot change the level to solve it cause of my game design.
Is there anything specific I need to know to check what am I doing wrong? Or I really cannot pass as null the levelname?
- Tried with the TNet bat server that comes with the pack, no success
- Tried disabling firewall, anti-virus, everything, no success
I cannot just find out why a simple RFC message does not work if I use Target.All or Target.Others (using Saved or not)
I have no clue what is going on, the Example menu works (even the chat scene), but if I even copy and paste the code of example menu and chat into my own scene (empty one), it just does not work... help?